Today, I’m joined by John Klein, co-founder and CEO of Pause Studio, a chain of wellness studios dedicated to mental and physical recovery.
Founded in Southern California in 2016, Pause Studio offers a range of modern and holistic solutions designed to help clients sleep, train, perform, and live better. Through modalities like vitamin therapy, contrast therapy, floatation, cryotherapy, and light therapy, its franchised clinics are a destination for all things holistic healing and mind-body recovery.
In this episode, we discuss Pause Studio’s roots in holistic healing, maintaining its brand while franchising nationwide, and the future of wellness and recovery.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What John learned from his days at Equinox and how he’s applying it to Pause
- How the Pause team is building and growing a wellness franchise
- What’s trending in holistic healing and mind-body recovery
Links & Resources
- Subscribe to the Fitt Insider newsletter
- Visit the Fitt Insider jobs board
- View current Fitt Insider investment and get in touch
01:19 John’s background and experience
03:51 Starting Pause Studio
06:13 Studio growth and franchising
08:42 Maintaining the brand while franchising
13:35 Holistic healing and mind-body recovery methods
14:24 Incorporating product sales into the business model
15:02 Creating a lifestyle brand
17:20 Competition and potential partnerships
20:12 Research behind the methods
22:29 Adding services to the model
25:16 Educating consumers and driving demand
27:53 Near term outlook