Ultrahuman, a pioneer in wearable tech, launched Ultrahuman Home, a cutting-edge invention that revolutionizes the home tech segment. Unveiled at CES 2024 in January, Ultrahuman Home introduces a new capability for individuals to track and enhance the health of their living spaces.
Understanding the Impact on Individual Health
Ultrahuman Home addresses the often-overlooked aspect of the living environment in the overall health stack. The sleek yet powerful device will provide insights on an individual’s external environment including exposure to artificial light, air quality, humidity and noise levels. It’s a first for the wearable space to leverage home health data and correlate the home environment (humidity, air quality, temperature) to an individual’s lifestyle (sleep, stress). Personalizing or changing these markers’ basis recommendations from the Ultrahuman home platform will help improve the passive factors that affect an individual’s health. Passive markers like PM, CO2 and temperature are important because of their impact on health compounds over time.
Advantage over regular home health monitors
Regular home health monitors measure many markers like PM, humidity, temperature etc but don’t provide a longitudinal view of how these markers change over time. This is especially important when interpreted in the context of their impact on health. This view and correlation with a user’s health markers is the first time ever in the health tracking space and has the potential to change the lives of millions of people who could benefit by making these changes to their living environments.
Ultrahuman Home offers advanced capabilities to provide users with comprehensive insights and timely interventions:
1. Natural Light Spectrum: Sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D, and adequate vitamin D levels are important for maintaining healthy sleep patterns. Several studies have shown a relationship between vitamin D deficiency and sleep disturbances, such as shorter sleep duration and daytime sleepiness 123. With Ultrahuman Home, users can measure UV and sunlight levels within their home, emphasizing the importance of maintaining optimal Vitamin D for healthy sleep patterns and circadian rhythm.
2. PM Detection: Exposure to particulate matter (PM) particles can adversely affect human health. PM is a type of air pollution that consists of microscopic particles with varying sizes and chemical compositions. Several studies have shown that long-term exposure to high levels of PM can lead to respiratory system damage, cardiovascular dysfunction, and other chronic diseases 12. Ultrahuman Home will actively measure and notify users about particulate matter (PM) levels in the air, ensuring a safer living environment and promoting long-term respiratory health.
3. Noise Detection: Maintaining healthy ambient noise levels in living environment is key to sleep health. Understand the optimal noise band that’s personalised as per your sleep patterns.
4. Sleep Disturbances and Apnea: With multiple super-precision mics and on-device sound processing, measure sleep disturbances and potential apnea events.
5. Humidity levels: Optimum humidity for the lungs is achieved when the inspired gas is at body core temperature and 100% relative humidity 1. Insufficient humidity can lead to drying of the airways, impaired mucociliary clearance, and increased risk of respiratory infections 1. On the other hand, excessive humidity can promote the growth of microorganisms and increase the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia 2. Therefore, maintaining appropriate humidity levels is crucial for respiratory health. Ultrahuman Home helps monitor humidity and empowers users to regulate their environment for optimal lung health.
6. Blue light exposure: Exposure to artificial light suppresses melatonin, the sleep-inducing hormone, which can lead to sleeping issues or disorders such as insomnia. With artificial light monitoring sensors within Ultrahuman Home, users can prioritize well-being, understand its impact on circadian rhythm, and foster a healthier sleep environment.
7. Smoke Sensor: The device comes equipped with a smoke sensor, adding an extra layer of protection against potential respiratory issues and fire hazards. It is expected to be available by the end of 2024.
8. Continuous Temperature Monitoring: By analyzing the external temperature, you can optimize your sleep environment for improved rest, with positive influences on the body’s circadian rhythm and overall sleep efficiency.
“Ultrahuman Home marks a pioneering move in the health wearable space. Using the unique markers from the Home device, we’d be able to link an individual’s health markers ( sleep, stress ) to their environment ( temperature, humidity and light exposure ). This on-body and off-body health tracking integration is the first time ever in the health monitoring space. ” said Mohit Kumar, Founder and CEO of Ultrahuman.
Ultrahuman Home prioritizes privacy with a mic button for on-demand microphone control and on-device processing. Its dim light feature supports sleep health by minimizing disruptions to circadian rhythms.
The device offers wifi and Bluetooth control, empowering users to manage exposure and align with a proactive approach to health choices.
Availability and Pricing
Ultrahuman Home will be available for purchase on Kickstarter at the end of January 2024 for USD $349, with shipping starting in July. No subscription is required.
Sign up to get early access on ultrahuman.com/home
Keep up with industry news, trends, investment activity, and job openings — in one weekly newsletter.