Reimagining employee wellness benefits for the modern workforce, JOON raised $2.3M in seed funding.
The round was led by Alpha Edison with participation from Rock Health. A number of prominent angel investors joined the round, including Sweetgreen co-founder Jonathan Neman, Livongo co-founder Alex Bitoun, Rothy’s co-founder Roth Martin, and Fitt Insider* founders Anthony and Joe Vennare.
Better benefits. A product of the pandemic, work will never be the same. Taking a toll on employees, burnout and well-being are a top priority.
While corporate wellness providers play catch-up, JOON aims to transform the space by offering flexible, individualized well-being benefits across fitness, food, mental health, family care, and education.
- Employees select the wellness benefits they actually want.
- Employers utilize a turn-key solution to boost engagement and retention.
- JOON automates the reimbursement process, alleviating administrative burdens.
Employers like Daily Harvest, 72andSunny, Olipop, and brightwheel already use JOON to power their wellness programs. And the company counts brands like Thrive Market, TRX, Athletic Greens, Obé, and Real among its growing list of partners.
The Future of Wellness at Work
As we detailed in Issue No. 120: Employee Well-being in a WFH World, corporate wellness has ballooned into a billion-dollar industry.
Prior to the pandemic, those dollars may have gone toward massages, free meals, or exercise stipends. But now, the perks focus on digital fitness memberships, meditation apps, teletherapy, and even childcare.
- Gympass recently raised $220M for its corporate well-being platform.
- Last month, Peloton rolled out its corporate wellness offering.
- A number of companies—like Hinge Health, Lyra Health, and others—have found success in employer-sponsored models.
Looking ahead: With burnout soaring as employers try to meet the evolving needs of a hybrid workforce, gone are the days of one-size-fits-all corporate wellness platforms. Going forward, personalized options will be in high demand, empowering employees to define well-being for themselves.
*We invest in early-stage health, fitness, and wellness companies. Learn more, and get in touch, here.