June 15, 2021
Every week, we track the investments, mergers, and acquisitions across fitness and wellness so you don’t have to. Here are this week’s top headlines.
- Lyra Health, a provider of mental healthcare benefits for employers, added $200M in funding.
More from Fitt Insider: WFH Wellness
- Cerebral, a digital platform for psychiatric and behavioral therapy services, raised $127M in Series B funding at a $1.23B valuation.
More from Fitt Insider: Peak Burnout
- Fresha, a business management platform for beauty and wellness services, closed a $100M Series C round led by General Atlantic
- Denmark-based Lenus, a platform helping online fitness instructors build their businesses, landed a €50M Series A investment by EQT Ventures.
More from Fitt Insider: Arming the Rebels
- Cure.fit acquired TREAD, a Bengaluru, India-based connected fitness startup. Terms were not disclosed. Last fall, TREAD raised $1.1M in seed funding.
- Smart mattress maker Eight Sleep announced new funding from a variety of athletes, celebrities, and entrepreneurs, including Alex Rodriguez and Kevin Hart.
On the pod: Eight Sleep CEO Matteo Franceschetti
- The Pill Club, an online prescription and delivery service for birth control, raised $41.9M in fresh capital.
- UpLift, a platform to find in-network therapists, emerged from stealth with $3.1M in funding from Redesign Health.
- Framework, a platform for wellness businesses to set up virtual communities, raised $3M in seed funding led by True Ventures.
- Poppy Seed Health, a telehealth app for pregnant and postpartum women, raised $1.6M in pre-seed funding led by Seven Seven Six.
More from Fitt Insider: Femtech 2.0
- Faculty, a men’s makeup and grooming brand, landed $3M in seed funding led by Estée Lauder.
More from Fitt Insider: The New Wave of Men’s Wellness
- Terra, a Y Combinator-backed startup building an API for fitness and health data, closed a $2.8M funding round with participation from General Catalyst, Samsung Next, and NEXT VENTŪRES.
- Berlin-based mental fitness startup Flow Lab raised a €1M ($1.2M) investment round led by IBB Ventures.
- Hard kombucha brewer JuneShine closed a Series A funding round with participation from musical artist Diplo, Outdoor Voices founder Ty Haney, and RXBAR/Litani Ventures founder Peter Rahal.