In-flight wellness is in high demand.
What’s happening: United Airlines and Therabody are teaming up to help travelers unwind, offering perks like…
- Complimentary TheraFace skincare products for business class travelers
- In-flight wellness videos, featuring TheraMind sound therapy, for all United flyers
- Bonus travel points when MileagePlus members purchase Therabody products
Touching down, Therabody devices will also land in “Reset Suites” across United Polaris lounges, starting with NY and SF later this month.
Cloud Nine. Tired of trading sleep for travel, burned out vacationers are willing to pay more for restorative accommodations.
- 61% of travelers consider sleep quality when booking flights, per Ketchum.
- 83% of United passengers say in-flight sleep is a priority, before WiFi and entertainment.
- Surveying 10K global travelers, Hilton found rest is the number one reason for escape.
Meanwhile, Therabody is making its own wellness push — expanding beyond athletes by launching its LED TheraFace Mask and three new Theragun devices, designed to help everyday consumers recover from the “workout called life.”
And, scaling its dual-function retail x recovery centers, it’s aiming to serve performance, wellness, and beauty under one roof.
Punchline: With 80% of adults wanting improved shut-eye, the sleep economy knows no bounds. Taking a cue from the hospitality industry, airlines are upgrading the in-flight experience to help travelers escape mentally and physically.